Wild Alaska Salmon & Quinoa Cakes
Pan-fried for extra crispiness and finished with a dollop of zesty dill aioli, these savory cakes call for simple prep, yet serve up dynamic flavor. Tulip® canned salmon is combined with quinoa, eggs, and bell pepper, making this easy lunch or dinner entrée high in protein and high in omega-3s—a healthy meal everyone will love.
- 1 can Tulip® Pink Salmon 12/14.75 oz
- 2 Cup Quinoa (white or red, prepared)
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1-1/2 Cup Finely diced fresh bell peppers (any color or combination)
- 3/4 Cup Red Onion (Finely Diced)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/3 Cup Canola or Olive Oil, divided
Use 1 can (14.75 ounces) or 2 cans (6-7.5 oz) Tulip® or other Trident Seafoods® Alaska canned salmon, drained and chunked.
Combine drained salmon, quinoa, eggs, panko, bell pepper, onion, salt and pepper. Form into patties (1/4 cup each). Cover and refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes, to firm.
In a bowl, blend sour cream, dill and lemon zest.
Lightly coat a nonstick pan with oil. Warm over medium heat, then add patties, several at a time, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Keep warm.
For each serving, place patties on a plate and drizzle with dill sauce.