Fork & Fin Dill Pickle and Bacon Lettuce Boats
Lettuce boats are a fantastic vehicle for serving appetizers…especially if you can get baby lettuce leaves to hold the goods. Load the leaves up with an easy honey-blue cheese dressing, bacon bits, freshly cooked Dill Pickle fish and a scattering of scallions. Your guests will be very happy with this mashup app.
- 12 pieces Trident Seafoods®The Fork & Fin Food Truck Breaded Appetizers Dill Pickle Style
- 5-6 slices thick cut bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 each scallion, julienned
- 1 each small garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plain sour cream or yogurt
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided in half
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 each baby romaine or Little Gem lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Spread the Dill Pickle fish on a baking sheet and cook until crisp and brown about 17-18 minutes, turning halfway through.
2. At the same time, cook the bacon in another baking sheet until browned and crisp, about 15-17 minutes. Remove to toweling and set aside.
3. Put the scallion in a small bowl of ice water and set aside.
4. On a cutting board, chop the garlic with the salt until it becomes a paste. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sour cream or yogurt, half the blue cheese, lemon juice, honey and black pepper.
4. To assemble, spread the lettuce leaves on a platter, dollop about 1 tablespoon of the sauce on each and add the fish. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining blue cheese. Drain the scallions, sprinkle on top and serve.
There are no reviews yet.