Spicy Wild Alaska Pollock with Pasta
Fast, delicious and loaded with both protein and fiber, here’s a great weeknight Alaskan Pollock pasta dish, perfect for a family dinner. Use either a can of diced tomatoes, or a can of whole tomatoes broken up in the skillet. You can also sub in whole grain or gluten free pasta for the dried semolina spaghetti. Mangia!
- 12 oz Spaghetti Noodles
- 3 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves (peeled and smashed)
- 1 28 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Pinches Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/3 Cup Kalamata Olives, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- 8 Ounce Trident Seafoods® Wild Caught Alaskan Pollock Skillet Cuts 1 lb
(For best results prepare using frozen fillets)
Cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and keep warm.
At the same time: heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until golden.
Carefully (to avoid splattering) add diced tomatoes to skillet. Add salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and olives; simmer until reduced and flavorful, about 10-15 minutes.
Stir in Skillet Cuts and heat until cooked through, stirring a few times, about 3-5 minutes.
Divide pasta between serving dishes. Top with sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan and top with torn basil pieces and serve.