Alaska Salmon Sushi Roll
Sushi doesn’t get any fresher than making it at home! Trident Seafoods canned salmon is transformed into a creamy spread that gets rolled up in nori with rice, cucumber, and wasabi paste—an impressive lunch or dinner entrée that’s high in protein.
- 1 Cup Japanese Short Grain Rice (cooked)
- 3 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Can Rubinstein's® Pink Salmon 14.75 oz
- 2 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Medium Cucumber
- 2 Nori (dried seaweed) sheets, each approximately 7 inches square
- 1 teaspoon Wasabi Paste
- 1/4 Cup Sushi Dipping Sauce or Soy Sauce
Use 1 can (14.75 ounces) or 2 cans (6-7.5 oz) Rubinstein’s® or other Trident Seafoods® Alaska canned salmon, drained and chunked.
In small microwaveable bowl, blend vinegar and sugar. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds, until sugar is dissolved. Stir vinegar into cooked rice until rice is coated.
In small bowl, remove skin and bones (if any) from salmon. Blend in mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery seed, and ginger.
Trim ends from cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, and remove seeds. Cut each half into long thin strips.
For each roll:
• Spread half the cooled rice mixture over a nori sheet, leaving a 1/2-inch edge across the top and bottom.
• Thinly spread half of the wasabi across the center of the rice in a thin strip, moving from left to right (horizontally).
• Lay half the cucumber strips and half the salmon mixture over wasabi strip (in center of sheet).
• Starting at the bottom, roll nori up over the rice into one long roll. Be sure to apply firm pressure and smooth nori/ingredients as you roll. If your sushi roll does not stick together simply wet your finger and run it along the nori edge, then press the edge down gently.
Repeat process with remaining ingredients to form second roll.
Using a serrated knife that has been moistened, slice each roll into 8 pieces. Wet the blade after each cut. Serve with sushi dipping sauce or soy sauce.
Variation: Substitute avocado and green onions for cucumber.
Such a tasty and fun recipe! This is a great way to get the family involved with making a healthy meal together.