Alaska Dukkah Dusted Rockfish
- 4 each Rockfish Fillets 4-6 oz IQF, Deep Skinned, Boned 411317
- 1 tsp Coriander seed
- 1 tsp Sesame seed
- 1 tsp Cumin seed
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 1 tsp Fennel seed
- 1 tbsp Almonds, dry roasted
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 each Aluminum Foil, 12”x12” sheet
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 cup Japanese Eggplant, cubed
- 4 each Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup Chickpeas, cooked, rinsed
- 4 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley leaves
- 1 each Lemon, sliced
- 4 each Whole wheat Pita, 4-inch, toasted
1. Preheat large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Place coriander, sesame, cumin, pepper, fennel, almonds, and salt into spice grinder and pulse until slightly textured mixture forms.
3. In a bowl, mix olive oil and seasonings and coat fillets with seasoning mixture.
4. Add seasoned fillets to sauté pan and cook approximately 2-3 minutes each side.
5. Remove fillets from pan and reserve with aluminum foil loosely place atop to keep warm.
6. Increase heat of sauté and add vegetable oil, eggplant, tomatoes, chickpeas, and garlic.
7. Sauté until color develops on eggplant and tomatoes slightly begin to break down.
8. Serve fillet atop vegetables and garnish with lemon, parsley and toasted pita.