Wild Alaska Pollock Burger Chowder
This has got to be one of the fastest and most flavorful fish chowders around…simply cook the bacon, onions and potatoes and stir in the Pollock burgers and cream. Boom…done!
Per Serving: 350 calories; 18g fat; 26g carbohydrates; 21g protein; 65mg cholesterol; 1780mg sodium
*This information is calculated. Data is based on laboratory analysis, information from ingredient suppliers and USDA Standard Reference values. This information is believed to be accurate, but no warranty is implied.’
- 2 Burgers Trident Seafoods® Alaskan Pollock Burgers 3 lb
- 4 Slices Cooked Bacon (chopped)
- 1 Large Yellow Onion (peeled & chopped)
- 1 lb Red Potatoes (scrubbed and quartered)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme (Chopped)
- 4 Cups Clam, Fish, or Vegetable Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
Cook the bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and add the onions. Cook onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the potatoes, thyme, broth, salt, pepper and cayenne and bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the Pollock Burgers and heavy cream. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring to break up the potatoes and burgers. Taste for seasoning.
Divide between bowls and sprinkle with the parsley and bacon. Serve!