Grilled Wild Alaska Pollock with BBQ Sauce and Pickled Slaw
Here’s a comfort food-inspired recipe to liven up your backyard BBQ. Brush Trident Seafoods® Wild Caught Alaskan Pollock Fish Fillets with BBQ sauce and serve with a tangy slaw – then top with crispy fried onions for a dash of salty crunch. A meal that works for both lunch or dinner.
- 4 Cups Coleslaw Mix (pre-packaged)
- 1 Cup Onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 Cup Bread & Butter Pickles, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Bread & Butter Pickles Juice
- Cooking Spray
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- BBQ Sauce
- Crispy Fried Onions
- Jalapeno Peppers (Chopped)
- 4 Fillets Trident Seafoods® Wild Caught Alaskan Pollock Fish Fillets 2.1 lb
(For best results prepare using frozen fillets)
In a large bowl, toss together coleslaw mix, sliced onion, pickles and pickle juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat grill to medium-high and oil the cooking grates.
Spray fillets with cooking spray and season with salt, pepper and cumin.
Grill Alaskan Pollock Fillets for 5 minutes. Turn and brush with BBQ sauce; cook 2 minutes. Turn and brush again, cook another minute.
Serve with slaw mixture, sprinkled with crispy fried onions and jalapenos.