Alaska Salmon Burrito
Trident Seafoods canned salmon makes this an easy lunch or dinner entrée that can be whipped up in just minutes. Fresh veggies, beans, spices, and more Mexican-style flavors get wrapped up in a tortilla, making this meal high in protein and —ready in minutes!
- 1/2 large Red Bell Pepper (cut into 1/2 inch strips)
- 1/2 medium Yellow Onion (cut into thin strips)
- 2 teaspoon Fresh chopped garlic
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 or 3 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Can Salsa Verde
- 1 Can Rubinstein's® Pink Salmon 14.75 oz
- 1 Can Refried Beans (fat-free, heated)
- 1-1/2 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 3/4 Cup low-fat Sour cream
- 3 Cups Lettuce (shredded)
- 6 large Flour Tortillas, warmed
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Avocado, peeled, pitted & diced
Use 1 can (14.75 ounces) or 2 cans (6-7.5 oz) Rubinstein’s® or other Trident Seafoods® Alaska canned salmon, drained and chunked.
Sauté bell pepper, onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, lime juice and salsa verde; heat through. Gently stir in salmon. Heat through and reserve.
Layer beans, salmon mixture, cheese, sour cream and lettuce on warm tortilla. Roll and top with salsa and avocado.
Cook's tip: Substitute enchilada or molé sauce for salsa verde. Add sliced jalapeño peppers, if desired.