SEA LEGS® Cheesy Surimi Pasta Casserole
- 1 pound
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne
- 16 ounces short pasta
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in the flour and simmer. Off the heat, whisk in the milk until smooth. Return to the heat and simmer, until sauce is bubbling and thickened. Stir in the cheese until melted and turn off heat. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente. Mix in the surimi, corn, peas and cheese sauce and transfer to a baking dish.
3. Melt the remaining butter and combine with the panko and salt and pepper. Sprinkle on top and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture is bubbling and top is browned.
4. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.