Fried Wild Alaska Pollock with Scallion Chile Salsa
- 12 Fillets Wild Alaska Pollock Fillets 4-6 oz Skin-On, Boneless 422653
- 4 Ounces Scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb Poblano Peppers (roasted, seeded and finely chopped)
- 10 Ounces Fresh Tomatoes (diced)
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- To taste Aleppo Pepper
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Corn Meal (coarsely ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup Milk
- For Frying Oil (Frying)
- 7 Ounces Corn Tortillas (cut into thin strips)
- Garnish Scallions, thinly sliced
Combine scallions, poblanos, tomatoes, cilantro, lime, olive oil and season with salt, & black pepper and Aleppo pepper.
Whisk together flour, cornmeal, cayenne and salt & black pepper.
Coat Pollock in milk, dip into flour mixture, and fry until golden.
Fry tortilla strips until golden and remove; sprinkle with salt.
Serve Pollock with salsa, topped with tortilla strips and additional scallions.