Cod Chowder with Black Beans and Corn
Prep Time 3 minutes
Yield 50 servings servings
- 8 Cups Onions (Halved & Sliced)
- 1-10 lb. Can Canned Tomatoes (Diced in Juice)
- 1-10 lb. Can Canned Black Beans (Drained & Rinsed)
- 1-10 lb. Can Canned Corn (Drained)
- 5 Cups Green Chiles (Chopped & Seeded)
- 3 gal. 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Cumin Seeds, toasted & crunched
- 1/4 Cup Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- as Needed Tortilla Chips
- 8 lb Pacific Cod Loin Portions 4 oz IQF, Skinless, Boneless 493007
1. In large stockpot or steam-jacketed kettle, combine onions, tomatoes in juice, black beans, corn and chiles.
2. Add broth, lime juice, chili powder, cumin seeds and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; reduce to simmer and cook 10 minutes.
3. Cut cod into 1-inch pieces and pan sear in lightly oiled non-stick skillet about 3 minutes; add cod to chowder.
4. Simmer chowder additional 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
5. For each serving, portion about 1-1/2 cups soup into shallow bowl. Garnish with chips, if desired.
Pacific Cod Loin Portions 4 oz IQF, Skinless, Boneless 493007Premium Portions define portion-controlled seafood. Each fillet has been processed by hand to remove the skin and bones, then trimmed to perfection. Available in one ounce sizing increments, Premium Portions offer consistent sizing and thickness for maximum plate coverage.
There are no reviews yet.