Cod Chowder with Black Beans and Corn
- 8 Cups Onions (Halved & Sliced)
- 1-10 lb. Can Canned Tomatoes (Diced in Juice)
- 1-10 lb. Can Canned Black Beans (Drained & Rinsed)
- 1-10 lb. Can Canned Corn (Drained)
- 5 Cups Green Chiles (Chopped & Seeded)
- 3 gal. 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Cumin Seeds, toasted & crunched
- 1/4 Cup Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- as Needed Tortilla Chips
- 8 lb Pacific Cod Loin Portions 4 oz IQF, Skinless, Boneless 493007
1. In large stockpot or steam-jacketed kettle, combine onions, tomatoes in juice, black beans, corn and chiles.
2. Add broth, lime juice, chili powder, cumin seeds and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; reduce to simmer and cook 10 minutes.
3. Cut cod into 1-inch pieces and pan sear in lightly oiled non-stick skillet about 3 minutes; add cod to chowder.
4. Simmer chowder additional 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
5. For each serving, portion about 1-1/2 cups soup into shallow bowl. Garnish with chips, if desired.