Wild Alaska Pollock Chowder
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Bacon, crisply cooked & crumbled
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2-1/4 Cups Onions (Chopped)
- 3/4 Cup Celery (Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Flour
- 7 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4 Cups Red Potatoes (Cut into 1/2 inch Chunks)
- 2-1/2 Cups Green Bell Peppers (Seeded & Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Dill Weed
- 7 Cups Milk
- 3 lb Wild Alaska Pollock Fillets 2-4 oz Skinless, Boneless 449466
- 5-1/2 Cups Corn Kernels (Frozen)
1. Saute onions, celery and garlic in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Remove from heat and whisk in flour.
3. Return to heat, cook 2-3 minutes and gradually whisk in chicken broth.
4. Add potatoes, peppers and dill weed. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are softened.
5. Add milk; bring to a low boil. Add pollock and corn.
6. Cook 5 minutes, or until pollock flakes when tested with a fork.
7. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
8. To serve: Ladle 1 cup chowder into each soup bowl. Garnish each with 1 teaspoon bacon and 1/2 teaspoon parsley.