SEA LEGS® New England Surimi Chowder
- 1 pound
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces finely chopped celery
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups clam broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound russet potatoes, diced
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- garnish Croutons
- garnish Finely chopped scallion tops or chives
1. Heat butter in large saucepan and sauté celery, onion and garlic until softened. Add thyme and flour and whisk until vegetables are well covered.
2. Whisk in broth and cream, add potatoes and bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are tender, 20 minutes.
3. Stir in surimi and season.
4. Serve with croutons and sprinkled with scallions or chives.