SEA LEGS® New England Surimi Chowder
Prep Time 30 minutes
Yield 12 servings
- 1 pound
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces finely chopped celery
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups clam broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound russet potatoes, diced
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- garnish Croutons
- garnish Finely chopped scallion tops or chives
1. Heat butter in large saucepan and sauté celery, onion and garlic until softened. Add thyme and flour and whisk until vegetables are well covered.
2. Whisk in broth and cream, add potatoes and bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are tender, 20 minutes.
3. Stir in surimi and season.
4. Serve with croutons and sprinkled with scallions or chives.
Private: SEA LEGS® Real Simple™ Flake CN 428674Made from Wild Alaska Pollock and only ten all-natural ingredients, SEA LEGS® REAL SIMPLE™ surimi seafood is perfect for school menus! Buy American Compliant, non-GMO verified and gluten-free. It performs well in both hot and cold applications with 3 oz. providing a 1 oz. meat equivalent under the Child Nutrition Meal Pattern Requirements.
There are no reviews yet.