Braised Wild Alaska Pollock with Asian Flavors
- 1 each 1-2 LB Whole Wild Alaska Pollock IQF 428540
- Coarse salt
- 1 1/2 oz Fresh ginger, finely julienned
- 1 1/2 cup Sake
- 1/2 cup Mirin
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 4 each Scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Shredded watermelon radish
- Steamed rice
1. Rinse and pat dry Whole Wild Alaska Pollock. Make 3 slashes on outsides of fish and season inside and out with salt. Stuff half the ginger into the cavity
2. Combine remaining ginger, sake, mirin, soy, sugar, sesame oil and the white parts of the scallions and bring to a boil. Add fish, partially cover and simmer until cooked through, about 6 minutes, turning the fish part way through.
3. Plate fish, drizzle with braising mixture, top with scallions, watermelon radish and furikake. Serve with rice.