Alaska Dungeness Crab Espanola
- 1 cup brandy (preferably Spanish)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic cloves, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- freshly cracked peppercorn medley, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2-3 lbs Dungeness Crab Sections 425292
- 1 cup large Spanish olives, drained
- Additional parsley for garnish, if desired
- 1 loaf warmed crusty bread such as sourdough or baguette
Combine the first six ingredients in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
Rinse frozen Alaska Crab legs/clusters under cold running water to remove any ice glaze; pat dry with paper towels. Discard towels. Cut crab clusters or legs into smaller sections with a large knife, if desired.
Add crab to the oil mixture and cover pan tightly. Over low heat, bring the crab to a slow simmer. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes for frozen crab or 3 to 4 minutes for fresh/thawed crab. Turn the crab over, add the olives, cover and continue to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the crab to rest, covered, until just warm, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to a large bowl and garnish with additional parsley, if desired. Serve family-style with crusty bread for dipping.