Tequila Marinated Salmon Tortilla Wedges
- 2 Cups Lettuce (shredded)
- 2 Tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 3 Tablespoon Tequila
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- to Taste Salt & Pepper
- 24 Each Corn Tortillas (Cut into Wedges)
- for Frying Oil
- to Taste Salt
- * * Tequila Marinated Salmon
- 1-1/2 Cups Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 oz Fresh Basil, chopped
- 3 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2-1/2 lb Keta Salmon Portions, Skin On, Pin Bone Out 8 oz. (1/10 lb) 474789
- 1-1/3 Cups Tequila
- * * Roasted Pepper Relish
- 12 oz Red Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 3 oz Anaheim Chile Pepper
- 2 oz Poblano Peppers
- 1 Each Lime
- 6 oz Red Onion (Sliced & Grilled)
1. Fry tortilla wedges in vegetable oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and salt to taste.
2. For each serving: Arrange 1 oz., Tequila-Marinated Alaska Salmon on 4 tortilla wedges or in 2 taco shells. Serve with 2 Tbsp. Roasted Red Pepper Relish.
Tequila-Marinated Alaska Salmon:
1. Mix together salt, sugar, basil and pepper. Spread one third of mixture on bottom of sheet pan or hotel pan.
2. Lay salmon skin-side down on salt mixture.
3. Pour tequila over salmon, then coat with remaining salt mixture.
4. Cover tightly and refrigerate 18 hours.
5. Rinse salmon briefly with water just to remove salt. Refrigerate until ready to use. Makes approximately 36 oz.
Roasted Red Pepper Relish:
1. Roast, peel and seed all peppers. Cut into small strips.
2. Cut lime into segments, removing peel and pith. Cut segments into small pieces.
3. Toss together peppers, lime, onions, lettuce and cilantro in a medium bowl.
4. Mix together lime juice, tequila and honey in a separate bowl. Whisk in olive oil.
5. Toss roasted pepper mixture with dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.