Sea Shells® Crab Cakes
- 1 lb Sea Shells® Salad Style Chunk & Flake Surimi Seafood 420010
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Celery stalk, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Red bell peppers, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Liquid eggs
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs (medium)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Mustard powder dry
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- as needed Vegetable oil for cooking
- 1 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs for cooking
1. Heat butter in sauté pan to med- low heat, add onion, celery and peppers and sweat until translucent. Remove from heat.
2. Open Surimi Seafood pouch. Break up flakes and chunks in medium bowl until loose and chunky.
3. In separate bowl create binder; add egg, whisk in mayonnaise, Worcestershire, mustard, Old Bay and cayenne pepper. Mix well with butter vegetable mixture and fold in ingredient breadcrumb.
4. Fold binder with Surimi Seafood. Refrigerate 1- 12 hours.
5. Portion cakes with scoop (2 oz.) and form into ¾” thick approx. 2 ½” diameter and dust with cooking breadcrumbs, flip and dust bottom. Reserve on tray until ready to cook.
6. Heat 12” nonstick pan to medium heat with generous amount of oil thinly covering the bottom of the pan.
7. Carefully place cakes in pan 2” apart. Let cook approx. 3 minutes, turn and cook another 3 minutes until golden brown on each side.
8. Place on wire rack or paper towel and plate with garnish and favorite sauce.
There are no reviews yet.