SEA LEGS® Surimi Roja Enchiladas
- 1 pound
- 3 each ancho chiles
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 each corn tortillas
- for frying safflower oil
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- garnish Finely shredded green cabbage
- garnish Chopped cilantro
- garnish Thinly sliced radishes
1. Toast chiles in a dry skillet until blistered. Discard stems and seeds and cover with 3 cups boiling water. Soak 15 minutes.
2. Remove chiles to a blender and reserve liquid. Add garlic, granulated onion, cinnamon, oregano, cumin and sugar and 1 ½ cups water to the blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Heat oil in a skillet and cook tomato paste briefly. Add chile mixture and cook until thickened. Add remaining cup of reserved soaking liquid and bring to a boil.
4. Heat oil in another skillet and fry each tortilla until golden but flexible (about 10 seconds).
5. Dip each tortilla in sauce and top each with an ounce of surimi, roll tightly and transfer to hotel pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
6. Top with remaining sauce, cheese, cabbage, cilantro and radishes and serve.