Angel Hair Pasta with Alaska King Crab
- 12 lb
- 24 oz Shallot, finely chopped
- 12 oz Butter
- 1 Gallon Heavy Cream
- 1 Quart Fish Stock
- 1/4 Cup Roux
- 2 Quarts Papaya (Diced)
- 1/4 Cup Tarragon, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- to Taste Salt & Pepper
- 9 lb Angel Hair Pasta, cooked
- 1-1/2 Cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Sauté shallots in butter in a large saucepan until translucent.
2. Add cream; bring to a boil and reduce by half, stirring occasionally.
3. Whisk in fish stock and bring to a boil.
4. Thicken sauce by whisking in roux as needed.
5. Stir in 6 lbs. steamed King Crab meat (from thawed legs with meat removed and cut into chunks), papaya and tarragon; simmer 2-3 minutes, or until hot.
6. Stir in lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
7. For each serving: Toss 6 oz. cooked pasta with one heaping cup of sauce. Arrange on serving plate with 2 Alaska King Crab Split Legs. Sprinkle pasta with 1 Tbsp. Parmesan.