Wild Alaska Pollock Pappardelle with Carrot-Top Pesto
- 3 lb Wild & Simple Redi Cuts™ Wild Alaska Pollock .36 oz 424913
- 1 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- 2 teaspoon Coriander
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 Multicolored Carrots, peeled & ribboned, heads removed & saved
- 1 oz Basil
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts, toasted
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 2 Cups Olive Oil
- 3 lb Papardelle pasta
1. To prep the Carrots: combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt & pepper, coriander, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add 4-6 carrots (peeled & ribboned, heads removed & saved).
2. To prep the Pesto Sauce: purée 4 oz of carrot tops, basil, pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan in food processor until finely minced. Add olive oil in a steady stream; season with salt and pepper. Mix.
3. To cook the Redi Cuts™: sauté from frozen in olive oil until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
3. Drain carrots.
4. Cook pasta until al dente. Combine with pesto sauce and drained carrots
5. Combine pasta, drained carrots, and pesto sauce. Mix. Top with fish and parmesan. Serve.