Wild Alaska Pollock Korean Fish Stew
- 1 Block Wild & Simple Pan Redi™ Wild Alaska Pollock 16.5 lb Deep Skinned, Boneless 424912
- 24 Ounces Olive Oil
- 4 Ounces Garlic, chopped
- 4 lb Onion (chopped)
- 1 lb Green Onion, sliced
- 15 Fresh Bay Leaves
- 5 Tablespoon Dried Oregano Leaves
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Quarts White Wine
- 15 Ounce Gochujang or Red Chili Paste
- 4 (#10) Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 5 (46 oz each) Cans Clam or Fish Stock
- 7 lb Extra Firm Tofu
- To taste Korean Pepper
- Garnish Cilantro, chopped
- Garnish Green Onion, sliced
- Steamed Rice
Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes.
Cook Pan-Redi Alaska Pollock per instructions; keep warm.
Combine oil, garlic, onions, green onions, bay leaf and oregano; sauté until softened. Stir in wine and cook off.
Add gochujang, tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil.
Just before serving, stir in tofu and Pollock.
Season with Korean pepper and garnish with cilantro and scallions. Serve with bowls of rice.