Roasted Tomato Broth with Saffron, Fennel and 10g Protein Noodles™
- 9 lb Large Red Tomatoes, halved & seeds squeezed out
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To taste Coarse Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 lb Fennel, thinly sliced
- 30 oz Yellow Onion, roughly chopped
- 8 oz Carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 oz Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups White Wine
- 1 large Pinch Saffron
- 6 Cups Fish Stock
- 2 lb Mussels
- 6 oz Chickpeas (Garbonzo Beans)
- 6 oz Escarole, coarsely chopped
- 1- 2.5 lb Package 10g™ Protein Noodles (4/2.5 LB case) 7929692800
- Garnish Fennel Fronds
- Garnish Fresh Parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 225°F.
2. Toss tomatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast cut sides down until very soft, 2 to 3 hours.
3. At the same time, toss fennel with oil, salt and pepper and roast until tender. Roughly chop.
4. Heat ½ cup oil in saucepan and add onions, carrots and garlic. Cook until softened. Add wine and reduce. Add saffron, fish stock and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer until flavorful and slightly reduced. Season and strain broth through food mill or chinois. Bring back to a boil; add mussels and escarole. Cook until mussels are opened and firm.
5. Dip 10g Protein Noodles™ into hot water and drain.
To serve: divide 10g Protein Noodles™ between serving bowls and ladle broth, fennel, chickpeas and mussels around the noodles. Sprinkle with fennel fronds and parsley.
Substitution: Clam Juice for Fish Stock.
Our revolutionary new 10g Protein Noodles™ are high protein, lower carb and gluten free. Made from Wild Alaska Pollock and caught in ice-cold Alaskan waters, they’re a delicious and nutritious alternative to traditional noodles.