Dan Churchill’s Wild Alaska Pollock Fish + Chips
Fish and chips are universally loved, all over the world. Here’s a healthier variation made with sweet potato oven fries, a parsley aioli dipping sauce and a crunchy herb and seed topping.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 each lemon
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- 3 fillets Wild Alaska Pollock Thai Red Curry
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. POTATOES: Peel (if desired) and chop into small wedges the size of your finger. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast sweet potatoes on a roasting tray topped with a drying rack placed on top if available to you, for maximum air circulation! for 30 minutes or until tender inside and crispy outside.
3. AIOLI: whisk the egg yolks until super creamy. Add 1 TB Dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle into the mixture 1/2 cup olive oil until you get to a golden color and smooth consistency. Add in 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley and mix. Zest 1 lemon and reserve about 2 teaspoons of the zest for later. Add the juice of the lemon until the aioli sauce is thinned out to your liking.
4. SEED MIX: mix oregano, chia seeds, sesame seeds, and remaining lemon zest in a bowl. Set aside.
5. FISH: Season with salt and pepper. Heat pan over medium heat and drizzle in olive oil until shimmering. Sear fish on one side in the hot pan (about 4-5 minutes). Flip the fish and sear on the other side (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat.
6. To serve, season the top of the fish with the seed mix and serve with fries + aioli!