Fennel Roasted Wild Alaska Pollock with Chimichurri Sauce
Prep Time 15 minutes
Yield 2 servings
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp chopped oregano
- 1/4 oz Fresno chile, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 each 1-2 LB Whole Wild Alaska Pollock IQF 428540
- 3 Tbsp fennel seed, toasted and lightly ground
- 1 each lemon, sliced ¼-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for drizzling
- 1 lb fennel, cut into 1 1/2-inch wedges, fronds reserved
1. Rinse and pat dry Whole Wild Alaska Pollock.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the chimichurri.
3. Heat oven to 450°F. Make 3 slashes on each side of the fish and stuff slashes and cavity with the ground fennel, rubbing the exterior with remainder. Stuff cavity with a few of the lemon slices. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Toss fresh fennel with the olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast fennel 15 minutes, add the fish, covered lightly with foil and lemon slices to the baking sheet and roast until fish and fennel are done, another 20 minutes or until it registers 135°F.
5. Sprinkle with fennel fronds and serve with the chimichurri sauce.
1-2 LB Whole Wild Alaska Pollock IQF 428540A great new option for whole fish menu applications. Cooking fish “on the bone” with the head and tail creates incredible flavor and makes for stunning plate presentations. Now you can be among the first to offer American-caught, sustainable Whole Wild Alaska Pollock. Each fish is perfectly sized for individual portions. Our captains are so proud of this fish that every case carries the individual captain’s name, the fishing boat, and the catch location. Wild Alaska Pollock is a great way to highlight your menu innovation and commitment to American fishermen and sustainable food production. It’s the right thing to do and also what your customers want.
There are no reviews yet.